Chromebooks - for every Chromebook before putting in storage
Charge Battery to at least 80%
· Sign in on chromebook
· Install latest OS version - Click link See How to Update Chrome OS
Remove Account Profiles - Click link See How To Remove Account Profiles from Chromebooks
· Storage Mode - See below How to shut down in Storage Mode only if not being run again until Fall/Winter
How to shut down in Storage Mode
· Storage Mode reduces battery discharge and keeps the Chromebook in a stable, power-off state.
· Make sure the Chromebook is connected to a charger and powered on
· Hold the Refresh (above 4) and Power keys at the same time.
· While holding these keys, remove the power cable from the Chromebook and then release the keys. The device should shut down and remain off.
· Confirm the battery disconnect worked by pressing the power button. The device should not power on again until it is plugged into a power source.
· Do not leave the Chromebooks plugged in over the shutdown.
· Physical storage See below How to Store Chromebooks, Printers and Scanners- Best Practices
· Inventory Update, record Off-season Custodian/Location
Printers and Scanners
· Physical Storage:
How to Store Chromebooks, Printers and Scanners- Best Practices
· Store your Chromebooks, Printers and Scanners in a cool, dry place.
· The recommended temperature ranges between 50°F to 86°F
· Chromebooks should be stored either in their laptop bags or the original packing boxes. Printers and Scanners should be stored in original packing boxes or other protective bins.
· Remove the toner cartridge (but NOT the drum) from the printer and put it in a black plastic bag. It will need to be stored flat.
· Chromebooks stored in storage facilities should be in an insulated and enclosed unit. The unit should also be climate controlled, locked and have 24-hour staffed security if possible. Do not store Chromebooks in vehicles, outdoor storage or portable storage units or any location that cannot be climate controlled.
Inventory Update, record Off-season Custodian/Location
· Labels: Label each with Location name (WAN), IP address (LAN) and Firmware version